Friday, August 20, 2010

My first three days in Alaska

I am finally here! It is so odd to actually be in Anchorage in my new home. The apartment is super cute and we are kinda moved in. We are waiting on the storage place because we can't get another bed out until the 27th so we are making do until then. I decided I would make a list of all of the things I have done thus far because I love lists. :)

1. I ate the most delicious salmon sushi.
2. I watched the sun start to set at 10 pm.
3. I went running outside and didn't die of a heat stroke.
4. I got a basic tour of Anchorage.
5. I got all signed up to substitute; I just have to do the training first.
6. I drank the most delicious coffee...twice.
7. I ate Moose's Tooth pizza which was AMAZING. Almost as good as Italy.
8. I went to the lake and jumped into the cold water.
9. I drove a jet ski for the first time.
10. I took lots of beautiful pictures of the lake.

It has only been three days and I am already having a blast. The weather has been phenomenal and I know it will get worse, but right now, I'm loving it. I can't wait to start working and to continue making new friends. This has already been an amazing adventure. I think today we are hiking up to flattop mountain.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah it sounds so great so far! That picture is beautiful! I can't wait to see many many more on this blog while you are over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Alaska sounds wonderful! I can't believe you had fabulous pizza ALMOST as good as Italy! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so happy that you are loving it up there!! I think about you all the time, and I hope that this next year is everything that you hope it to be! If I had money, I would come and visit, no doubt! :-) I love you! Please text me often with more pictures, because it makes my day! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete