Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bears, fishing, sunsets, and more

I am soooo behind on posting. I apologize. My apartment has been internet free for about a month now so that makes it a little difficult to update. I am not dedicated enough to type out a whole post on my iphone. I decided I will do a super long post consisting of my life over the past month. Get excited for a list!

1. I hiked to the top of a mountain.
There is a mountain called Flattop here in Anchorage. Rachel and I climbed it on a beautiful day. It was breathtaking at the top. The very end of the hike is actual rock climbing. It was a great hike and I'll probably do it again at some point.

2. Alaska State Fair
The Alaska State Fair was a very close second to the Texas State Fair. The food was different, but still delicious! Although I did miss eating a Fletcher's corn dog. We stood in the rain and watched Lonestar. Overall, it was a super fun day even though it was rainy.

3. I took engagement photos for my roomie.
My room mate Jolene is getting married this summer and she asked me if I could go and take engagement pictures for her. I thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I ended up taking a lot of really cute ones. The picture above is the one she used for her save the date.

4. I saw bears!
Rachel, Erik, and I were on a hike and we spotted three black bears. It was a mom and two cubs. They were terrifyingly cute.

5. My parents visited.
My parents came down for 5 days in September. It was so much fun. We ate at all the delicious restaurants here. It was fun showing them around. We also went on a drive along the coast and it was gorgeous because of all the leaves changing. I loved having them here.

6. I went rainbow trout fishing.
I will have to post more pictures of this because I don't have any of the pictures of the actual fish we caught. I caught a 20 inch rainbow trout plus a ton of littler ones. I went with Rachel, her cousin Justin, and then Rachel's parents best friends. It was so fun. We only stayed one night, but it was a true Alaskan fishing experience. We got great weather and caught a ton of fish. As you can tell by the picture, Rachel and I looked great in our fishing gear. We had about 15 layers on.

7. I saw the best rainbow ever.
On our way back from fishing, I saw the brighest, biggest, and longest rainbow I have ever seen. We drove towards it for literally 30 minutes. We drove into it and unfortunately I did not see what was at the end of the rainbow.

8. I watched the most beautiful sunset.
One night Jolene, Rachel, and I were sitting on the couch bored out of our minds so we decided to go watch the sunset. I couldn't have even imagined a more beautiful sunset. We have this perfect spot where you can see the ocean, the mountains, and the city of Anchorage. It literally could not have been prettier. I was in awe of it.

2 comments:

  1. The Blogging world has missed your lists Sarah Fallon! Love youuuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! You're back! I can't believe you took those last two pictures. They look like postcards. I missed your lists as well.

    ReplyDelete