Monday, December 13, 2010

Texas in 1 week...

In one week, I get to go home for Christmas. I could not be more excited. I miss my family, my friends, and my dogs. I love Alaska, but Texas will always be my home. This past weekend I made the move to Alaska so worth it. I got baptized. I have been thinking about doing it since this summer. Rachel and I have been doing a bible study called "Journey through Faith" and it has been amazing. Our teacher, Bob, was who baptized me. I am so happy I chose to get baptized here in Alaska since my walk with Christ has grown exponentially since moving here.

A picture of the moment right after I came up.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 1:3

On another note, I woke up to two moose in my front yard on Saturday. I love how they walk around like they own the town. It is not odd to see them walking down the road on the sidewalk. I love moose.

Last week I went cross country skiing. IT IS HARD. I fell three times and was dripping with sweat by the end of it. Hahahah but it was still very fun and I can cross it off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment