Sunday, June 6, 2010

I conformed and got one too...

So I got sucked into getting a blog. I figured I might as well get used to blogging now since I'm moving to Alaska in August. I'm warning everyone though, my summer is not going to be eventful haha. Unfortunately, I'm not studying abroad in Italy (gosh, I WISH) or anything like that. I will be spending my summer working at the Splash Family Aquatic Center. I'm sure you might be thinking...hmm, that sounds like it could be fun, but alas, it isn't. I'm basically a glorified janitor and babysitter. Luckily, I'm the boss this year. It's fine. I have a college degree from Texas A&M University and I spend most of my day telling 15 year olds what to do. It's funny...I'm actually 7 years older than most of the people that work there. That's a first grader if you didn't catch that age difference. It can be fun though. Look forward to funny Splash stories about rednecks and stupid kids. The crazy stories ALMOST make it worth it...almost.

Here are my coworkers. We are a mess, but we love each other.



Ok onto a completely random topic. I went to church this morning and the sermon was fantastic. We are going through Acts and today we talked about Acts 8. The focus is being an Acts 1:8 church. Pretty much it is about being a church that lives the Christian life in EVERY aspect of our life. We should all be doing this every day anyways, but I know I have struggled. Today though the focus was on breaking down barriers and biases. Philip continually breaks down walls in chapter 8. He talks and baptizes Samaritans and an Ethiopian. The way he ended the sermon was the best. He played a youtube video that you MUST watch. It is the perfect example of living life without bias. God loves each and every one of us on this Earth. There is no reason we shouldn't do the same.

Here is the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNn7SXAyuhQ
(I'm new to this so you might have to copy and paste it.)

Just think about it. Think about how much good we could do in this life if we loved EVERYONE equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment