Thursday, June 24, 2010

Miami Vice

The Excellence Resort in Cancun, Mexico
My family took a trip to Cancun this past week. We stayed at this amazing all inclusive resort called the Excellence. It truly was excellent. Every person that worked there was there to make our vacation the best it could be. We were basically VIP because we were apart of the Excellence Club. It was legit. I felt like a famous person. Instead of giving you a play by play of the week, I figured I would just give you random facts about the resort and/or my time there. Oh and p.s. the beach was absolutely beautiful.

There are six pools. Six meandering pools as they say in all of the commercials for the resort. It felt like there were pools every where. I swear I found a new part of the resort every day. The only downside to this place was that it was ALL couples. My brother and I got some weird looks. We were frequently called Mr. and Mrs. Fallon which not only freaked us out, but also just made the trip a little less fun. Other than the couples overtaking the resort there was another slight problem...
GRACKLES.
  • They were freaking every where. It was funny at first when they sat on trays expertly unfolding napkins to find the bread hidden inside, but then when they attacked my plate of quesadillas as I left to get a little ice cream, they began to be a bit of a nuisance. As my Dad said, "I'm pretty sure God was asleep when the Grackle was created."

We ate so much food and drank fun, fruity drinks on the beach. The trip was relaxing. I literally did nothing but read. I read four books on the trip...
1. Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin
2. Promises to Keep by Jane Green (my favorite of the four)
3. Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
4. Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart
I would definitely recommend all of the four minus Commencement; it had some interesting plot lines that I wasn't too keen on. 1, 2, and 4 were all fantastic and I recommend that you read them. Reading is the best.


Laying on the beach, watching the waves, and listening to The O.C. Mix 1 is absolute perfection. If you have never listened to this mix, you need to ASAP.

The mix consists of:
1. Paint The Silence – South
2. Just A Ride – Jem
3. Honey And The Moon - Joseph Arthur
4. The Way We Get By – Spoon
5. Move On – Jet
6. How Good It Can Be - The 88
7. Caught Be The River – Doves
8. Rain City - Turin Brakes
9. We Used To Be Friends - The Dandy Warhols
10. Dice - Finley Quaye & William Orbit
11. Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch
12. California - Phantom Planet

Go listen to it now.

***Look at my facebook for more of my pictures of the trip :)

2 comments:

  1. um....Jane Green is my favorite author. Didn't know she came out with another book! The OC was the best show ever. Why did it have to go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) YAY! I love that I'm in your picture...Miss you friend!
    2) Your photography is amazing!!!
    3) I did NOT like Heart of the Matter! Ugh...husband just made me so angry!!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete